Money skills lesson four: Dealing with financial dilemmas@headingTag>
Acquiring key financial knowledge early can help your students be better equipped for the money decisions of their future. The activities on this page allow you to develop these skills in a variety of ways, whether you’re looking for something quick, something independent or a full length, curriculum-linked lesson plan:
- Dealing with financial dilemmas: Lesson plan and presentation slides –full lesson plan for use with a group of students in the classroom
- Fraud and scams: Interactive worksheet – interactive worksheet activity for independent learning whether remote or in class
- Fraud and scams Online lesson film – interactive film for in class learning
This is lesson four of four focusing on Money Skills for young people aged 11-14.
This lesson is designed to help students recognise what can influence our financial habits, as well as understand common types of financial fraud and how to help stay safe online.
By the end of the activity students will be able to:
- Understand that people have different attitudes to money
- Discuss common financial mistakes and threats
- Understand of how to help keep their financial information safe from fraud
To ensure that the lesson plan and student-facing interactive PDF work together smoothly, please make sure you download and save the lesson plan and presentation slides into the same folder on your computer.
Download the full lesson plan pack including all related resources
Dealing with financial dilemmas
Choose to download one or more individual resources
Dealing with financial dilemmas: Lesson plan
Dealing with financial dilemmas: Presentation slides
Fraud and scams: Interactive worksheet
Dealing with financial dilemmas: Video transcript
A free account gives you access to all educator content, tools and resources
Over 85,000 educators use LifeSkills’ free and immediately accessible resources to guide young people. Join them in less than 5 minutes.
Already have an account?Log in
Thank you for liking
Help us to continue creating relevant content for you by leaving some additional feedback.
Other lessons in Understanding and managing money