Online reputation in the workplace@headingTag>
These resources encourage young people to think about personal brand and how to reflect this professionally in a digital footprint. By using these activities, students will also understand the importance of reputation and how they may be required to use online platforms in the workplace.
- Online reputation in the workplace: Lesson plan and presentation slides –full lesson plan for use with a group of students in the classroom
- Reputation in the workplace: Facebook live film – short film which can be used to start the lesson to provide an overview of the topic
(30 - 85 minutes)
This lesson is designed to help students consider their personal brand and how this is reflected in their digital footprint. It also covers good 'netiquette' and internet security.
By the end of the lesson students will be able to:
- Understand what is meant by personal brand and online reputation
- Identify how different personal brands can impact job prospects
- Identify ways of using online platforms including social media in a job search
- Understand ways they may be expected to use online platforms at work
Facebook live film
We have created the Reputation in the workplace overview film in partnership with education charity The Talent Foundry, adapted from a Facebook live session. By watching this film as a starter to the lesson, students can start to understand the importance of building a positive reputation for themselves, and how they can do this, before completing the full-length lesson plan.
Continue thinking about reputation in the workplace with LifeSkills
There is plenty of other LifeSkills content to continue discussing the importance of reputation in the workplace, you could try the lessons at the end of this page.
Why not build the importance of reputation as a focus in your students’ curriculum? Refer to our Content guide to find out how this LifeSkills resource can be used in lessons.
Explore this topic even further at BBC Teach and challenge your students to take the test assessing their social media presence. Here you will also find a film exploring why we take risks online, along with top tips.
Download the full lesson plan pack including all related resources
Online reputation in the workplace
Choose to download one or more individual resources
Online reputation in the workplace: Lesson plan
Online reputation in the workplace: Presentation slides
A free account gives you access to all educator content, tools and resources
Already have an account?Log in
Thank you for liking
Help us to continue creating relevant content for you by leaving some additional feedback.