Personal brand: Building your professional identity lesson@headingTag>
What is personal brand and how can it have impact? The activities on this page encourage students to think about their own personal brand, and how it links to skills such as communication.
- Personal brand: Building your professional identity: Lesson plan and presentation slides – full lesson plan for use with a group of students in the classroom
- Personal brand: Facebook live film – short film which can be used to start the lesson to provide an overview of the topic Lesson plan
(30 - 85 minutes)
This lesson is designed to help students understand what a personal brand is and how to build their own personal brand for workplace success.
By the end of this lesson students will be able to:
- Recognise how communication and confidence can affect their personal brand
- Be able to identify how different personality styles interact in the workplace, as well as their own
- Understand personal and organisational values, and their connection to personal brand
Facebook live overview
This Personal brand film can be used as an opening activity before completing the full lesson plan with students. It’s been created in partnership with education charity The Talent Foundry, adapted from a Facebook live session, to get your students thinking about what a personal brand is, why it is important when looking for employment, and how they can start to develop their own personal brand.
How else can you build your students’ personal brand with LifeSkills?
Follow this lesson with further lessons for to get your students thinking about their personal brand for the workplace, such as 'Building a positive online reputation' and 'Communicating digitally in the world of work'. Why not build personal skills as a focus in your students’ curriculum? Refer to our Content guide to find out how this LifeSkills resource can be used in lessons.
A free account gives you access to all educator content, tools and resources
Already have an account?Log in
Thank you for liking
Help us to continue creating relevant content for you by leaving some additional feedback.
Why not try one of these next?
7 - 11
7 - 11