Economic, societal and technological forces are changing the world of work, which has led to core transferable skills becoming increasingly valuable to employers. It's also key that young people know how to present themselves and demonstrate such skills when applying for jobs. We've created a set of interactive worksheets, adapted from our lesson plans to help students develop the skills needed around these topics.
The worksheets are designed for 14-19 year olds and can be downloaded and shared with students as independent learning activities or can be used to complement the relevant lesson plans. We also have online lesson films around some of the themes below for your students to watch remotely.
Core transferable skills: Activity worksheets
- Developing problem solving skills
- Top tips for communication
- The enterprising ingredient of creativity
- Spin the Wheel of Strengths
Gaining employment: Activity worksheets
The CV activities follow on from one another:
- What makes a winning CV?
- Creating a standout CV
- Adapting a CV and writing an impressive cover letter
The interview activities also follow on from one another:
- Adapting to different types on interview
- Virtual interview practice
Core transferable skills: Lesson plans
- Problem solving (ages 14-16)
- Listening and presenting (ages 14-19)
- Putting enterprise skills into action (ages 11-19)
- Exploring personal strengths for employment (ages 11-16)
Gaining employment: Lesson plans
A free account gives you access to all educator content, tools and resources
Over 85,000 educators use LifeSkills’ free and immediately accessible resources to guide young people. Join them in less than 5 minutes.
Already have an account?Log in
Thank you for liking
Help us to continue creating relevant content for you by leaving some additional feedback.