Time to complete
Download the full lesson plan pack including all related resources
Choose to download one or more individual resources
This activity pack encourages young people to think about the financial aspects of going to university. It considers the different types of financial support available and the impact of future repayments. Participants will also get to explore a young person’s story, to get them thinking practically about how to transition smoothly into university and manage their work/life balance. This session will also encourage participants to look at ways in which university financial assistance can support their progression within higher education.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- Identify the different types of bursaries and allowances they can access
- Understand the financial assistance that they may be eligible for if they are care leavers and/or on low income, to help them with their accommodation costs
- Demonstrate their knowledge on what student loan repayments are and how these work
- Talk in greater detail about the different ways to finance themselves through university, including having a job and maintaining a good work/life balance
- Identify a number of websites and resources they can use to get further help with university finance
To access worksheets for all twelve activity packs in one place, use our ‘Setting yourself up for financial independence’ workbook.
Other LifeSkills lessons are also suitable for use with care leavers to support them on their employability journey, here are some to get started with:
A free account gives you access to all educator content, tools and resources
Already have an account?Log in
Thank you for liking
Help us to continue creating relevant content for you by leaving some additional feedback.