Barclays Bank PLC, UK (hereafter “Barclays” or “we”, “us”) collects information about you through this registration page (hereafter “Personal Data”), in order to: manage your access to the LifeSkills website (hereafter “Website”) and your account; inform you when your account is dormant; carry out statistical analysis about our website with the aim of improving it. Subject to your prior consent, we may also use the details you provided to send you information about the LifeSkills programme. We will not use your Personal Data to send you information about our banking or investment services.
All your Personal Data is processed and securely stored in the UK. We may share your Personal Data with our suppliers who provide us with IT support in relation with all the aforementioned purposes and ensure the storage of your Personal Data. We will make sure that they all agree to comply with applicable data privacy law, our standards and our instructions. We will process your Personal Data in compliance with Barclays privacy principles. If you wish to exert your rights of access, correction or deletion on your Personal Data, please send us your request (with a copy of your ID) to email@example.com. We will keep your Personal Data as long as your account is active. When we close your account, your Personal Data is aggregated with others for the purpose of anonymous statistical analysis and deleted from our systems.
Barclays privacy principles
Barclays is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information. By 'your information' we mean any information about you that you or third parties provide to us.
- We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you and will tell you about how we will collect and use your information
- If we have collected your information for a particular purpose we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and, where relevant, your permission obtained
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations
- We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it is held
- We will ensure that when we outsource any processes we ensure the supplier has appropriate security measures in place and will contractually require them to comply with these Privacy Principles
- We will ensure that suitable safeguards are in place before personal information is transferred to other countries
- You are not required to provide any personal information on the public areas of this website. However, you may choose to do so by completing the forms on various pages of the site. We will only use the information you provide to us on these pages in order to process the relevant form. Please see the privacy wording on the relevant form for a more detailed explanation of how your information will be used
If you are a Barclays customer or already have a relationship with us you will have been advised by various methods as to how we collect and use your information.
If you have any questions about privacy at Barclays please contact the Barclays Privacy and Data Protection Team at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.