Terms and conditions
Permitted Use and Access
- You are permitted to use and access the website on a personal basis or as a business or teacher registered with LifeSkills. The entire content of this website is subject to copyright with all rights reserved. You may not copy the website or any of the content including, but not limited to, information, imagery or data from, or underlying, the website without obtaining our express written permission to do so.
- You may download and/or print material from the website for personal non-commercial use or for teaching purposes, provided that:
- you do not modify any downloaded or printed documents, or any part thereof;
- you do not use any graphics from any downloaded or printed documents separately from the corresponding text;
- you do not remove copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices on any downloaded or printed document, or otherwise act in a way to cause or risk causing infringement, a weakening of, or damage to or our brand, intellectual property or business;
- you do not make available or replicate any content, information, imagery or data from, or underlying, the website and use it in such a way as to cause or risk causing confusion or an association as between you or your activities (or a third party or their activities) and us and our activities, including but not limited to phishing;
- you do not use any content, information, imagery or data from, or underlying, the website in such a way as to cause or risk causing harm or detriment to us or our business, brands or activities;
- you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of any content;
- you do not expressly or impliedly state that we endorse or are related to or responsible for any products or services which are not our own;
- you do not misrepresent your association or dealings with us;
- you do not present, disseminate or make available any false or misleading information about us;
- you do not use the material or act in a manner so as to associate or risk associating us with any content which is or might be harmful, including without limitation material which is offensive, threatening, obscene, abusive, discriminatory, defamatory, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations; and
- you do not use the website or any of its content, information, imagery or data from, or underlying, the website, in any manner which is associated with or for the purposes of hosting, disseminating, or propagating malicious software or code, including but not limited to viruses, malicious script, spyware, Trojan Horses or worms.
- You may not misuse the website, or any information, imagery or data from or underlying it, for or in connection with any unlawful or criminal purpose, including but not limited to hacking, phishing, or other intrusions or attempted intrusions or unlawful use of information or data.
- If you do not comply with your obligations set out in these Terms, or otherwise act in a way which we consider, at our sole and absolute discretion, to be inconsistent with our continued provision of services to you, we may revoke the rights granted to you under this sub-heading (Permitted Use and Access), and we reserve the right to take any further action which we consider to be appropriate.
- You indemnify us to the fullest extent possible for any loss or damage suffered by us which arises out of or in connection with a breach by you of anything under this sub-heading (Permitted Use and Access).
Intellectual Property Rights
- Unless otherwise specified, we are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in and to the website and its content, including but not limited to copyright and unregistered and registered trade mark rights. All such rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved, and the benefit of any goodwill which arises through your use inures to us.
- The trade marks which we or a member of our group owns include, but are not limited to, BARCLAYS, BARCLAYCARD, the Barclaycard logo and the Eagle logo marks. If you are unsure as to whether any sign or logo is a trade mark owned or licensed by us or a member of our group, please contact us for clarification at our registered office address: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
- Reproduction in any form of any part of the content, information, imagery or data from, or underlying, the website, save for in strict compliance with the rights granted under Permitted Use and Access, is prohibited without our prior written consent.
Links to other websites
- Our services may contain links to third party websites from our site. We do not control, and are not responsible for, any third party websites, their content or their privacy policies. We in no way endorse, or make representations about them, or any material found on them. If you decide to access any third party website from our website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair, legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists or to other web pages on our site without permission provided by us. You agree to remove any link to our site on a website owned or controlled by you on receipt of a request from us.
Important sign-up information for businesses
- Barclays will use the personal and business information you provide to administer the LifeSkills programme and to facilitate communication with the LifeSkills participants.
- Barclays may also use information you provide to carry out regulatory checks on you and/or your business and meet its obligations to any relevant regulatory authority. For these purposes, Barclays may need to pass your information to third parties, including to its service providers or agents, on the understanding that such third parties will keep the information confidential.
- Prior to uploading the work experience placements you provide, Barclays may review opportunities offered and may remove those it considers inappropriate from Barclays Lifeskills, and placements may also be removed following feedback from users.
- You understand that your work experience opportunities will be made available to teachers registered with Lifeskills. Teachers may wish to contact you, or arrange to visit your business, prior arranging work placements.
- Work placements are offered to students of between 14-16 years old, all details in relation to the placements are to be agreed between the teacher responsible for the students and you/your business in advance.
- You acknowledge that young people on work experience are not employees of Barclays.
- Barclays excludes its liability to the full extent permitted by law, in relation to the interaction between you/your company, teachers, and the work placements undertaken by students.
- You must ensure that your work experience opportunity meets all necessary health, safety, insurance and safeguarding responsibilities in relation to the participants.
- You have read the 'guide to offering a work experience opportunity' document.