Terms and conditions
Important information for young people
You must be aged 14 or over to register on our website, barclayslifeskills.com. There is no upper age limit.
If you are unsure of what any of the terms below mean, please ask a parent, guardian or other trusted person to help you.
If you tick the box to receive information and news about LifeSkills, you agree to allow Barclays Bank UK PLC (“Barclays”) to use the details you have given to us to send you information about LifeSkills. We will also use the information you provide to help us to develop and improve the LifeSkills programme.
What you can and can’t do with our website
You may use and access the Barclays LifeSkills website for your own use.
Unless we state otherwise, all content on our website is the intellectual property of Barclays or licensed by us from third parties with all rights reserved. Our content includes, but is not limited to any writing, images or data appearing on, or underlying, our website.
This means you may not copy any of this website’s content, or send such content to others without our written permission. You can ask for permission by emailing us at email@example.com.
You may download and/or print content from the website for your own personal use. You can use the content as it is meant to be used. For example, you can type in a worksheet that you have downloaded and/or printed from the website. You may also hyperlink to the home page of the Barclays LifeSkills website if you would like to share its content with others – see the below section on hyperlinking for more information.
By making this content available to you we are not granting you any other rights in the content other than stated above.
To be clear, in making use of the content you must not:
- use any graphics separately from the text that goes with it;
- remove intellectual property notices or any other disclaimers (usually found in the footer of documents) from anything you download or print;
- make available or copy any content, information, images or data from, or underlying, the website to anyone else other than via a permitted hyperlink;
- remove, change or otherwise alter the size or appearance of any content as it appears on the website;
- say or make people think that we recommend or are linked to any products or services which are not ours;
- say or make people think that you are associated or linked with us when you are not;
- say or share anything that isn’t true or that you believe to be untrue or is misleading about us;
- do things that make people think we are linked or associated with things which are or could be harmful. This could include, but is not limited to, things that are:
- damaging to our reputation;
- illegal; or
- not following all applicable laws and regulations;
- use any content, information, images or data from, or underlying, the website for things like sharing viruses, malicious script, spyware, Trojan Horses or worms; or
- use any content, information, images or data from, or underlying, the website for anything that would be criminal or illegal. This could include hacking, phishing, or other ways of getting data or information.
If you do something we have said you can’t with our website, we can take action such as taking away your right to use the website.
Intellectual Property Rights
BARCLAYS, BARCLAYCARD, LifeSkills Created with Barclays, the Barclaycard logo and the Eagle logo marks are registered trade marks owned by the Barclays corporate group. Other trade marks of Barclays may appear on the site from time to time. If you are unsure as to whether any sign or logo is a trademark owned or licensed by us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to other websites
Our website and services may contain links to other websites. If these are not Barclays websites, we do not control them. This means that we cannot be responsible for their content or their privacy policies.
If you click on a link to one of these websites, it is at your own risk.
If we have a link to or refer to another website or bit of content on our website, we are not recommending them to you.
You may link to the website homepage www.barclayslifeskills.com, provided you do so in a fair and legal way and in a way that doesn’t damage our business. You can’t say or make people think that we are associated with you when you use the link. If you want to use a link to a different page on our website, you must ask for our permission first by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you own or control a website and have used a link to our website, if we ask you to remove your link(s) to our website, you must do so.