Terms and conditions
Permitted Use and Access
- You are permitted to use and access the website on a personal basis or as a teacher registered with LifeSkills. The entire content of this website is subject to copyright with all rights reserved. You may not copy the website or any of the content including, but not limited to, information, imagery or data from, or underlying, the website without obtaining our express written permission to do so.
- You may download and/or print material from the website for personal non-commercial use or for teaching purposes, provided that:
- you do not modify any downloaded or printed documents, or any part thereof;
- you do not use any graphics from any downloaded or printed documents separately from the corresponding text;
- you do not remove copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices on any downloaded or printed document, or otherwise act in a way to cause or risk causing infringement, a weakening of, or damage to or our brand, intellectual property or business;
- you do not make available or replicate any content, information, imagery or data from, or underlying, the website and use it in such a way as to cause or risk causing confusion or an association as between you or your activities (or a third party or their activities) and us and our activities, including but not limited to phishing;
- you do not use any content, information, imagery or data from, or underlying, the website in such a way as to cause or risk causing harm or detriment to us or our business, brands or activities;
- you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of any content;
- you do not expressly or impliedly state that we endorse or are related to or responsible for any products or services which are not our own;
- you do not misrepresent your association or dealings with us;
- you do not present, disseminate or make available any false or misleading information about us;
- you do not use the material or act in a manner so as to associate or risk associating us with any content which is or might be harmful, including without limitation material which is offensive, threatening, obscene, abusive, discriminatory, defamatory, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations; and
- you do not use the website or any of its content, information, imagery or data from, or underlying, the website, in any manner which is associated with or for the purposes of hosting, disseminating, or propagating malicious software or code, including but not limited to viruses, malicious script, spyware, Trojan Horses or worms.
- You may not misuse the website, or any information, imagery or data from or underlying it, for or in connection with any unlawful or criminal purpose, including but not limited to hacking, phishing, or other intrusions or attempted intrusions or unlawful use of information or data.
- If you do not comply with your obligations set out in these Terms, or otherwise act in a way which we consider, at our sole and absolute discretion, to be inconsistent with our continued provision of services to you, we may revoke the rights granted to you under this sub-heading (Permitted Use and Access), and we reserve the right to take any further action which we consider to be appropriate.
- You indemnify us to the fullest extent possible for any loss or damage suffered by us which arises out of or in connection with a breach by you of anything under this sub-heading (Permitted Use and Access).
Intellectual Property Rights
- Unless otherwise specified, we are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in and to the website and its content, including but not limited to copyright and unregistered and registered trade mark rights. All such rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved, and the benefit of any goodwill which arises through your use inures to us.
- The trade marks which we or a member of our group owns include, but are not limited to, BARCLAYS, BARCLAYCARD, the Barclaycard logo and the Eagle logo marks. If you are unsure as to whether any sign or logo is a trade mark owned or licensed by us or a member of our group, please contact us for clarification at our registered office address: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
- Reproduction in any form of any part of the content, information, imagery or data from, or underlying, the website, save for in strict compliance with the rights granted under Permitted Use and Access, is prohibited without our prior written consent.
Links to other websites
- Our services may contain links to third party websites from our site. We do not control, and are not responsible for, any third party websites, their content or their privacy policies. We in no way endorse, or make representations about them, or any material found on them. If you decide to access any third party website from our website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair, legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists or to other web pages on our site without permission provided by us. You agree to remove any link to our site on a website owned or controlled by you on receipt of a request from us.
Important sign-up information for teachers
- By registering on the LifeSkills website, you agree that Barclays Bank UK PLC will use the details you have provided to send you information on the LifeSkills programme and to consider how we can develop and improve the LifeSkills programme.
- Barclays will share your name and contact details with businesses which provide work experience opportunities to enable them to communicate with you about any opportunities you have selected on behalf of your students.
- If you request a Barclays volunteer to facilitate a workshop, your details will be made available to the LifeSkills team and with any participating volunteers to enable this to be organised.
- We will not use your details to identify whether you are an existing Barclays customer, update your contact details or to contact you with information about products and services unrelated to the LifeSkills programme.
LifeSkills Conference Calls – Data Privacy Statement
Your privacy is important to us. Barclays Bank PLC and Barclays Bank UK PLC, and its subsidiaries and affiliates will treat your information as confidential and will hold your data in compliance with applicable laws. Your contact details will be held securely within the Barclays LifeSkills Programme. This information is accessible by Barclays Bank PLC international offices subject to local laws and regulations.
What information do we need?
Barclays Bank PLC, will be the ‘Controllers’ of the personal data you provide to us. For the purposes of joining our LifeSkills conference calls we collect basic personal data about you including your name, and email address. Our LifeSkills conference calls are not recorded. If you have indicated as such on the registration form, we will use your email address to send you a follow-up email with more information on the LifeSkills programme. You can unsubscribe at any time by follow the instructions in that email.
Why do we need it?
We need to know your personal data for the reasonable purposes of facilitating your attendance at a nominated LifeSkills conference call. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need. If you have indicated your consent as part of the registration process, we will send you a follow-up email to the conference call with more information on the LifeSkills programme.
What do we do with it?
All the personal data we process in supporting your attendance at this event is processed by our staff in the UK however, for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance, this information may be located on servers within the wider European Union. Your data may be shared outside of Barclays with event support organisations for the reasonable purposes of facilitating your attendance at this conference call.
We know how important your privacy is – we will always set the highest standard to protect your money and your personal information, and we have a company-wide data protection framework in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
How long will we keep it?
We will retain your basic personal data for up to 16 weeks after the call has completed, after which it will be destroyed.
What else would we like to do with your data?
Your data is processed under this notice for your attendance at one of our Lifeskills conference calls. This is separate from any other data processing activity you have with Barclays including general marketing of our goods and services, or previously consented subscriptions to information on the LifeSkills programme - you can opt out these communications separately at any time.
Barclays will never sell your personal data to third parties; we want you to be confident that the data you share with us for specific reasons stays that way.
What are your rights?
If at any point you believe the personal information we process is incorrect, or the basis of such processing is unlawful, unfair or lacks transparency, individual data subjects can request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will investigate the matter. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).