User Content for Educators
CV and profile picture image guidelines
Uploaded images used in profile picture designs must conform to the following guidelines:
- You must own the image or have the permission of the image owner to use it.
- Your image should not include another person.
- The image you choose for your profile picture must not contain any of the following:
- Trademarks or company names – eg, images marked with ® or ™ signs
- Images or text protected by copyright – eg, images marked with © or other watermarks or notations
- Slogans, tag lines, branding, marketing or promotional products, services or images of companies
- Images of, or the name or nickname of, celebrities, musicians, sportspersons, entertainers, public figures, film stars, cartoon characters, members of the royal family or other famous people
- Contact information – eg, telephone numbers, URLs, Facebook and Twitter usernames account numbers, addresses or email addresses
- Political statements or images relating to ethnicity or religion
- Images of flags, except for the Union Jack/UK flag, St George’s Cross/English flag, St Andrew’s Cross/Scottish flag, The Red Dragon/Welsh flag and St Patrick’s Saltire/Northern Irish flag. If any of these are used, they can only be images of the original national flags and must not be edited, cropped or have any additional art work or writing on them
- Images, signs, symbols or text relating to money, currency, drugs, tobacco, alcohol, gangs, hatred, graffiti, betting, gambling, or financial products and services
- Provocative, lewd or sexual images or content
- Offensive material – eg, images, signs, symbols or text relating to violence, death, injury, racism, cruelty, profanity, obscenity, weapons, firearms, ammunition or terrorism
- Anti-social or obscene behaviour, or socially unacceptable groups
- Content where drinking, being drunk, smoking or gambling is the focus
- Text, unless benign and in the English language
- Any image that might reflect poorly or might engender hostility toward company brands, including MasterCard®, Visa® or Barclays
- Any reference to the Olympic Games, World Cup or any other international branded event
- Reference to any bank, building society or other monetary institution
- Weapons, unless in a ceremonial context
- We will store the image you provide so that it can be displayed as part of your profile. It will only be visible to you and we will not use it for any other purpose.
CV Builder guidelines
- You’re responsible for the content of your CV and you should check it carefully.
- You use the CV Builder at your own risk. Barclays is not responsible to you or anyone who relies on your CV.
- Barclays makes no promises of any kind concerning the CV Builder.
- The content of the CV should be accurate and truthful and should portray the applicant as accurately as possible.
- We will only use the information on CV Builder to assist you in the building of your CV.
- Connecting your Facebook or Twitter accounts means LifeSkills sees the data from your social profiles – but we won’t store it or use it outside of the CV Builder.
- By connecting you’re agreeing to allow LifeSkills access to potentially sensitive information about you, eg, links to political or religious groups.
- LifeSkills CV Builder will not access your telephone number from Facebook.
- Each account will ask your permission to connect. Remember: if you’ve got more than one Facebook or Twitter account, make sure you use the one that’s suitable for an employer to see.
- If you want to end your permissions with Facebook you need to disconnect directly within your Facebook account.